The expense of regularly sitting in the barber chair add up. That’s why we wanted to find a reasonable, value-focused alternative. Here it is:the best beard trimmer you can buy, and for $40 it’ll pay for itself in a flash.
The two best beard and mustache trimmers
- Wahl Lithium Ion for it’s unbeatable value to quality ratio
- Phillips Norelco 7300 for a premium, low-maintenance product
Best value for the money
Reasons it’s the best:
- Fantastic value for the quality (around $40!)
- Great battery life, 10 hours fully charged
- Charges quick, 5 minutes of juice for 1 minute of charge
- Cord-free, so you’re not tethered to an outlet
- Really sharp blades, a brand barbers trust!
- Useful accessories for getting your ‘mo or busting up your beard
- Due to the high carbon steel blades, you’ll need to oil this slightly more often than competitors who use cheaper steel
If you’ve got a bit of extra cash
Reasons it’s great:
- All about low-maintenance trimming
- Reservoir with vacuum to hoover up all the stubble
- Self-sharpening blades
- Doesn’t require regular lube
- Adjustable length without all the attachments, up to 18mm depth
- More than double the price of the Wahl 🙁
What else you will need for a good trim
Check out our guide for how to trim your beard for some tips on completing your home trim and saving a bit of dough. To really get the best trim at home, you’ll also find these tools useful:
- Wide-tooth comb: Kent Comb (use the wide-toothed end)
- Beard scissors: Sanguine Beard Scissors
- (Optional) Oil: Honest Amish Classic Beard Oil
Remember, be careful! It takes months of diligent growth to get your beard to where it’s at now, and only one muscle spasm to screw it up.
Other qualities you might want from beard trimmers
No one trimmer will satisfy everyone’s needs. Some of the other factors you might look for in the right beard trimmer:
- Wet/dry capability. if you want to use it in the shower. These picks are for dry use, gents!
- Power. To really bust through thick beards, you might consider a corded trimmer. Our picks are some of the most powerful battery-charged, but corded models deliver more oomph.
- Travel size/format. Our picks are relatively small, but if you are on the road a lot and want to touch up your mo or beard, consider a smaller option
Alternatives: highly-rated beard trimmers on Amazon
If you’re interested in some of these other features above, check out the list of highly-rated products from Amazon we’ve compiled below.
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!